Use any gloves with touchscreens?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by stainlessliquid, Feb 16, 2009.

1. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

I know about the gloves that work with touchscreens, but heres the thing, Im one of those psychos that already own a pair of gloves, so I would rather use some kind of attachment on my current gloves to let me use touchscreens rather than buy a new pair of gloves I dont want.

Do any exist? Or is there a way to make your own touchscreen material?

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

How about a stylus? Google "iphone stylus" and you'll find quite a few options.

3. Lesser Evets macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

Walk around wearing laytex surgeon's gloves....

You'll look like a sicko, but they work.

4. iNash macrumors 6502

iNash

:D

5. stainlessliquid thread starter macrumors 68000

Theres no special material you can buy to make your own?

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Well... Obviously stylus and glove makers have some kind of material they stick onto their products, and yes, if we could get hold of that material, we could make our own stylus/gloves. But I don't think the makers of stylus/iphone gloves are about to tell us how to make them or where to buy them!

7. schizoidwoman macrumors regular

On top of a steep hill in West Yorkshire.
    And NOPBODY would try to steal your iPhone - who'd mess with a person walking around in latex gloves? :)

8. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

cut off the finger tips on your gloves and look like a homeless person

9. dubhe macrumors 65816

dubhe

doesn't it work by static electricity and your finger making a point for the static to collect at? Something like that, so that might be why the rubber gloves work though have never tried it.

Or is it latex that is conductive?

10. iTracz macrumors newbie

I am confused......why would you need to wear gloves while using your Ipod Touch?? I realize if it's cold you may have gloves on, but really how hard is it to just take the glove off do what you need to do then put the glove back on.

11. iNash macrumors 6502

iNash

My girlfriend (as in my friend who is a girl, not my girlfriend who I... nevermind)

My friend has these weird looking fingerless gloves with a removable mitten top, which is attached to the glove.

She slides the mitten part off to use her phone and then back on again to keep her fingers warm.

Pretty sweet (if somewhat girly)

http://www.bunnydesign.com/images/fingerless_mittens.jpg

12. klayman676 macrumors newbie

klayman676

I have gloves that they make specially for touch screen devices and they have little pads on the finger tips. I think i got them from BrookStone or something liek that.

13. stainlessliquid thread starter macrumors 68000

Because thats a pain in the ass when youre trying to drive, its also a pain in the ass in general if you want to keep changing songs. I dont even bother using the ipod when its so cold I have to wear gloves since its not worth the effort.

I just figured that the material they use in those gloves might be some common material not specifically made for touchscreens but happens to work with them.

14. henchosbandito macrumors member

I used to be of the opinion that only direct finger contact worked on my ipod touch/iphone. however, was out running the other day and wore gloves (it is stupidly cold in the british midlands) - Grenade pipe snowboarding gloves to be exact, and to my ecstasy found that the touch screen worked while wearing them. Don't know how or what makes them different to other gloves but it made me happy!