Use Apple Store credit towards the upfront tax due on AT&T Next phone(s)?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by derekgroves, Sep 11, 2014.

1. derekgroves macrumors member

Hi-

Was running numbers on my various options in preparation for next Friday as I'm sure many are.

One route I'm looking at would involve trading in two of our 5s's for Apple store credit, which is fine since I plan on waiting/buying at the brick and mortar store.

However, anyone know if I would be able to use the $xxx Apple store credit from my trade ins immediately toward *either* the upfront tax due on both new phones I'm getting, *or* towards the full balance I'll be paying off for what remains due on my current Next plans?

Since AT&T is the one I'd be paying to clear up what remains on the Next plans (and reset my Next eligibility) I can understand maybe not being able to use the Apple credit toward that- but what about the tax due up front?

And I'm assuming the two Applecare plans I intend to buy for the two new devices is a no-brainer- $200 of the trade in credit can go to cover that?

If all else fails I'll sell the gift card at a small loss I guess....would rather be able to work it into the transaction and save more though.

Thanks!

2. derekgroves thread starter macrumors member

3. bmms8 macrumors 68020

Yes you can. I used a gift card for the $59 tax

----------

Yes you can. I used a gift card for the $59 tax

edit: quoted you so you see this.

4. derekgroves thread starter macrumors member