Use Apple Watch to help find iPhone in your house

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by iBlazed, May 2, 2015.

1. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Wouldn't it be amazing if you could make your iPhone make an alarm noise from your watch so you can find it when you lose it in your house? Like a "page" button on cordless phones. After all, your watch is always on your wrist, it's your phone that you lose! Is there something like this already? My watch won't be here til mid May so I don't know.

2. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

You can already do this in Glances. And it's pretty cool too.

Here's what it looks like (bottom button):

Attached Files:

3. LD Curb macrumors regular

LD Curb

It seems like Apple thought of everything with this watch! It is just full of fabulous and helpful features! I had no idea about the "ping" and learned about it in an Apple workshop last weekend. It's so cool!! Just press that icon on the watch screen as shown above and you'll hear a pretty loud ping from your phone!

4. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

Yup, it's the same Ping that Find My iPhone sets off, but it only goes off once per tap on the Watch, as opposed to the constant beeping it does if you log into Find My iPhone to ping it. Also, as someone noted in another thread - if you hold the button instead of tapping it, the camera LED flash will also fire, giving you a visual clue as to the location of your phone (say if it's buried in the bottom of a bag).

5. iBlazed thread starter macrumors 68000

iBlazed

I'm even more excited right now than I was before

6. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

Holy ****! Thanks for that. :D

Ah, I love my Apple Watch so much.

7. iBlazed thread starter macrumors 68000

iBlazed

I'm glad something good came out of this thread! Lol

8. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

I keep finding little things like that, most of the time, the top 10 tips for apple watch threads or articles don't mention stuff like these.

I didn't know you could hold it down, I just pressed on it, and that didn't fire off the flash. Until a couple of days ago, I didn't even know how to change my move goal until someone told me to force touch on the activity app. I love learning new things like that. I'm amazed how full of features the Apple Watch is, in its very first 1st gen.

9. leesweet macrumors demi-god

leesweet

It looks like the 'light flash' function doesn't work unless your phone is locked. Another sort of safety lockout. :)

10. Wallabe macrumors 6502a

I love the iPhone ping button. I love making and receiving calls on my watch even more.

11. samo350 macrumors member

I don't know why apple didn't add that feature that let you know with a tap that your are out of range from your iphone, it's would be so cool if you forgot your iphone

12. Wallabe macrumors 6502a

That is possible with a future update. Currently, it shows an icon of a red iPhone with a line across it diagonally to show it's not connected. Over time, consumer's inputs will make the software more mature, like the iPhone iOS.

13. ZebraDude macrumors 6502a

ZebraDude

This is a great detail!

Being a ole Fart my memory is not very good and I am misplacing my phone from time to time!

Now if I ever get my watch then I can try this! :D

14. Natzoo macrumors 65816

Natzoo

so many awesome features!!!

----------

Now thats what i call positive feedback