Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steezy1337

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 29, 2008
Carlisle, UK
i had a funny idea while i was at work of creating some kind of script that would be able to open the website for a pizza company, select my favourite pizza, order it then pay for it all without me having to go through it manually. would this actually be plausible as i didn't think about how it's actually going to navigate the webpage to buy my pizza?

steezy1337

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 29, 2008
Carlisle, UK
does anyone have an idea of how i'd do this? my first guess is that i'd have to find the names of the buttons or text boxes that i'd want it to be clicking once on the website

steezy1337

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 29, 2008
Carlisle, UK
i've got it to open the website so far, but my first hurdle is getting it to type my post code into the search box then run the search. i've looked at the source code and it looks like alot of it is javascript, can AppleScript work with javascript?

EDIT:
i've managed to get past the post code search now, but to in order to choose the right take-away restaurant there's a selection box which i think is in a table, i've found the table in the source code but i'm not sure how i can make the AppleScript select the right option

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.