Use AppleScript to run Cyberduck in background?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Wxturtle, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Wxturtle macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I've found (and somewhat modified) an AppleScript to sync a research folder on my MacBook with a directory on my FTP server so I can have access here and at the office to an exact close of a file system (as well as backup remotely).

I've used Lingon to run this script everytime I modify the folder. The issue is, that when this happens, Cyberduck pops up a new browser window (I know I can set it not to jump to the front). I'd prefer if I could sync without any Cyberduck window popping up (and the only thing on the Desktop is the Growl notification).

Possible?

Also, is there a way to set it so Cyberduck ALWAYS two-way syncs? I've ticked off "mirror" when manually syncing, and it seems to have locked that in, but there seems to be no definite preference that sets it up.

(Forgive me if I made a mistake or two, I've only used OS X for a month now)

2. jw2002 macrumors 6502

I would consider rsync instead and wouldn't trust a Cyberduck + AppleScript arrangement. Also, if you need to worry about versioning, then maybe Subversion -- though that incurs formalities such as check ins.

3. Wxturtle thread starter macrumors newbie

Does rsync do FTP and two-way mirroring?

The two way mirroring is important because I'll be uploading new or updated files to the server but also downloading files modified by another system.