Use ATV2 for Netflix

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by jimmy1984, Mar 27, 2011.

1. jimmy1984 macrumors member

jimmy1984

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

I have a Wii and an ATV2, and honestly the picture quality is dramatically different. Since the new update I have no issues at all with stutter play or audio lag. If you're having isssues, you should consider upgrading your internet.

DSL is great, but don't blame poor performance on your ATV2.

The user interface is incredible, and the HD and SD quality is unmatched.

2. Transeau macrumors 6502a

Transeau

+1

My ATV2 by far is much better than my Wii or my Samsung "netflix app". I also had the Roku HD netflix box and the ATV2 smoked it.

3. -Ken- macrumors regular

My ATV2 has been working flawlessly since the most recent update.

Netflix and MLB work just the way they should.

4. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

I was already using my ATV for all of my Netflix watching, and after the last update it seems to have fixed my pausing issues.

5. newagemac macrumors 68020

I would have to say the ATV2's performance with Netflix beats my PS3 and Wii hands down. It's just a far better streamer with less issues streaming Netflix than the other devices. The picture quality is excellent and the 5.1 audio sounds surprisingly good on Netflix movies that offer it. And the Netflix UI on the Wii and PS3 pales in comparison to the ATV2.

We stream Netflix for at least a couple hours every day and are very pleased. My wife usually hates technology especially when it doesn't work right but she loves the ATV2.