Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CalMin

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 8, 2007
When I get my iPhone 4 sometime in July will I be able to pop out the microsim and put it into my 3GS with an adaptor?

My 3GS has jailbreak and mywi so it makes a good travel companion with my iPad. In the event that iPhone 4 proves a challenge to jailbreak, this would be a good fall back when away from home.

tylertech

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2008
NC
I don't think you would have any issue as the SIM cards are setup the same way and the data plans are the same. It should work!

sneezymarble

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2008
I have a jailbroken 3G and intend to do the same thing. In fact, today I spent about 10 minutes making my own microsim adapter out of an old Applebee's gift card and some Scotch Tape. Seems to work just fine so far.

img0021nn.jpg

img0022yp.jpg

master-ceo

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2007
The SUN
Great news! I plan on doing this as well and was going to make the same type thread.

I'll order a cheap adapter off ebay.

sneezymarble

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2008
Great news! I plan on doing this as well and was going to make the same type thread.

I'll order a cheap adapter off ebay.

You don't need to order anything. All you need is a sim holder from a 3G or 3GS (which presumably you would have if you want to do this) and an old gift card or something similar. No need to buy anything for this. It's easy.

appleguru1

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2003
...I'm lazy, and I'd like to buy an adapter too... anyone have a good source to get one *cheap*?

CalMin

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 8, 2007
I have a jailbroken 3G and intend to do the same thing. In fact, today I spent about 10 minutes making my own microsim adapter out of an old Applebee's gift card and some Scotch Tape. Seems to work just fine so far.

This is perfect! Thanks for the confirmation. It will be a while before I get my iPhone 4, but to know this will work is very reassuring.

Nice MacGyver style solution btw.

master-ceo

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2007
The SUN
You don't need to order anything. All you need is a sim holder from a 3G or 3GS (which presumably you would have if you want to do this) and an old gift card or something similar. No need to buy anything for this. It's easy.

I totaly agree, Will do. I just saw the second Pic. I gotta break out of lazy man mode. DIY all the way!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.