Use both Parallels & Fusion on bootcamp partition

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Richdmoore, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Richdmoore macrumors 65816

Richdmoore

Can I use both parallels and fusion with my boot camp partition? I just purchased the 4.0 upgrade yesterday, and I did the $10 fusion sale that is going on today, because I couldn't pass up that deal.

I haven't installed fusion yet, I don't want to mess up my bootcamp partition if they are both incompatible with each other.

Thanks for any info.

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i would just use either parallels or fusion. why use both? i honestly cant see the reason

3. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Without getting into to deep of details, no. You are wasting your time if you try this.

4. Richdmoore thread starter macrumors 65816

Richdmoore

Well, I wanted to try both programs and see which one I liked better, then just keep the one I liked the best.

Hard to imagine that they would encourage people to try their program, but then make it impossible to compare them side by side....

I guess that I'll just keep parallels, it will be too much hassle to remove parallels just to try fusion.

Thanks for answering before I installed fusion and messed up my system.:)

5. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

Just install windows in a standalone VM using the manual install process, not the easy setup. That way, you don't have to enter a license code and have up to 30 days to evaluate Fusion.