Use Chrome: iPhone 4 Pre-Ordering on Apple site.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by joshheller, Jun 15, 2010.

1. joshheller macrumors newbie

Once the Apple site is back up, try using Google Chrome. I only say this because it worked for me as I switched between Safari and Chrome. I must admit Chrome didn't work right away, but I got the furthest with it. Chrome, being the fast browser it is, seems to be able to access the AT&T server faster than Safari.

I just patiently kept re-entering my phone number, zip code and ss#. A few times it got me to the screen where it asked me to choose my data plan, then I clicked continue, and then it said Session Time Out.

I kept trying and trying and eventually it worked.

Don't give up! And don't double click the "Continue" button or you'll be reset. You know what I mean? If you click continue and it looks like it's doing nothing, just wait patiently. If it's longer than 2 minutes, close the tab, then go back in.

If it still says "oops" that means the Apple Online Store is still down.

It will happen. Don't worry.

http://twitpic.com/1wy3kx

-@joshheller

2. bushbaby macrumors 6502

bushbaby

I downloaded chrome but the same problem... I get as far as picking whether to reserve in store or deliver and then it tells me that I timed out due to inactivity.

HELP.

3. joshheller thread starter macrumors newbie

Ya, same thing happened to me, even with Chrome. There's no secret way to get there. Just keep trying. It took me over an hour with Chrome, but Safari got me nowhere whatsoever. Chrome definitely has its advantages being that it's faster than Safari, so if you have the patience to not punch your monitor, just keeeep trying. Try closing your browser and then restarting it. Best of luck.