Use Command C/V/X for Copy/Paste/Cut in VMWare Fusion 6 running Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by daroga, May 22, 2014.

1. daroga macrumors member

Hi everyone!

About 6 months ago I switched from Parallels to VMWare Fusion. I only run Windows to do a little bit of work in Word for Windows (for some speciality things that Word for Mac chokes on or doesn't work at all), but I'm continually copying and pasting things from Mac applications to Windows.

Parallels automatically switched the Windows key bindings so that I could have universal COMMAND-C for copy, etc, instead of switching to CONTROL-C when in the Windows environment.

I've fiddled with every setting I can find / think of to make this happen in VMWare and can't get it working, and Google hasn't been much help either. Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts or suggestions.

Thanks!

2. Quad5Ny macrumors 6502a

Quad5Ny

See my post below. Download the first file inside the VM, extract it, double click the reg file to merge it and then restart the Windows 7 virtual machine.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=16630354

3. dyn macrumors 68030

You need to open up the vm settings and go to the keyboard & mouse settings. Select the Windows profile or create your own and you're done!