Use computer for phone functions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mattpreston11, Jan 11, 2011.

1. mattpreston11 macrumors 6502a

Seriously, when is this feature coming to the iphone? Why when im sat at my desk, can i not use my computer to send texts or make phonecalls through my iphone? It would be such a brilliant feature, especially for enterprise.

I know theres a few apps that let you type out a tet, but then you have to accept the text to be sent on your phone. Why not have an ichat type window which i can reply to texts with?

I did try that VNC jailbreak client for a bit, but it murdered battery life.

Anyone else desperate for this as much as me?

2. PhazonUK macrumors 6502

I'm quite surprised that this doesn't exist yet as well.

Just a simple app that would let you manage your SMS on your computer and make calls would be great.

3. mattpreston11 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Even if it has to be done through itunes, and if it worked the same way the itunes remote app does, where you have to authenticate with a passcode.

Does android or wp7 have this?

4. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

theres a free app on the mac app store that pairs with a 99cents app on the iOS app store for sending SMS.

you type them on your computer and then you have to press 'SEND' on the phone, or something like that.
    haven't tried it, but maybe it works ... just search through the top free apps on the mac app store. there's only, like, 105 or so

5. mattpreston11 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah I have seen this, but its fairly limited in its functionality (IOS limitations not the developer) You can only send messages, you cant read messages, and as you mentioned, you have to manually agree to send the message on the phone itself. Unpractical.