Use Crossover or Wine to play...

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Chilaha, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Chilaha macrumors member

Hi all, I am trying to play AA2.85 on my mac, but the newest version they made for mac was 2.5. Can i use crossover/wine to play AA2.85?
    If so, what do i do? I have never used crossover/wine.
    How bad will the gameplay be? I do plan on playing on everything low but still probably not a perfect gaming experience.

Thanks everyone

2. doh123 macrumors 65816

no idea what program you are talking about...

how Wine (and Crossover since it uses Wine) runs... depend on the actual program its running. Some things run fantastic... many run decently... quite a few will have minor to major annoying issues that may even lead to being unusable... and some will not run at all.

You need to look up the program you want to run in the Wine AppDB and in the Crossover Database and see what they are rated at, and what other people have done to get them to work... or if no one has gotten it to work.

3. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

4. Chilaha thread starter macrumors member

Americas Army version 2.85
    Sorry, I forgot that a lot of people don't play that game.

----------

How would battlefield play***** be on there too? It has really low requirements so would that run well?

5. Chilaha thread starter macrumors member

Still wondering...

I'm still wondering can I run Americas Army 2.85. (AA2) Via cider/wine/crossover or whatever. What program is best to use? Are there any free ones?
    Also how do I use it? I just want to play AA2.85, that is all.
    Thanks
    Chilaha

6. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

OH! lol I've at least heard of, never played it though so I can't be of any help right now :(