Use Entourage and Blackberry, want iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by opticalserenity, Jul 1, 2007.

1. opticalserenity macrumors 6502a

So, I currently use Entourage and a Blackberry, and my blackberry syncs with the blackberry enterprise server, which syncs with exchange, and entourage syncs with exchange.

So, I know the iPhone can connect to Exchange servers that use IMAP, and that push is through Yahoo! Email, has anyone else made this switch?

Has anyone else moved from Entourage to Mail.app?

2. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I use Entourage, and I just bought an iPhone (I guess all iPhone owners just bought an iPhone :) . I simply allow iCal and Address Book to synchronize with Entourage. It does this behind the scenes, and updates whenever I update something in Entourage. It synced with my iPhone seamlessly.

However, you cannot sync Entourage mail settings with the iPhone, that I know of. I only set up one of my email accounts on my iPhone and I did that manually.

This is all I got for you. I hope someone else can answer your questions about Exchange servers. :apple:

3. opticalserenity thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well from what I understand in order to use Exchange IMAP has to be on, not a huge deal I suppose. Although I don't like the interval at 15 minutes, wish I could change that.