use for Bluetooth?

ero87

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 17, 2006
New York City
Hi,

Is there a use for the Bluetooth on the iPhone other than connecting with a car or a headset? Can I, for instance, sync my calendars with my computer via bluetooth?

thanks!

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
It seems like for now, no, the Iphone can't do much else with Bluetooth.

This raises a good question: why offer Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR if the only use the iPhone is making of it are things that a 1.1 stack could've done?

That high data rate connection would make an awesome tethering device to allow mobile internet to a laptop in the absence of WiFi, but there's no current capability for it. No OBEX or A2DP either. Why?

taytho

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2005
KC, MO
Hi,

Is there a use for the Bluetooth on the iPhone other than connecting with a car or a headset? Can I, for instance, sync my calendars with my computer via bluetooth?

thanks!
bluetooth syncing would be a great feature. it would actually probably put me over the edge and make me buy one.

Canuck4

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2007
Its pretty useless now, hope they improve it cause the hardware is there all it needs is software

mpuck972

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2007
Yeah, I used to love using the bluetooth on my Treo to get a highspeed connection to my laptop in absense of wifi.

one1

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
So I turned on my bluetooth and set the phone on my 17" PB. PB peps up and says "found device, Iphone".

So I got excited for a minute and turned on bluetooth file exchange then tried to send a text file over to the phone. Phone rejected it, but the computer was perfectly willing to accept the fact the phone was there and knew everything about it.

Since this post has not been updated in a few weeks I figured I'd ask if anyone had made a program for the bluetooth option yet.

Check the screen shots.