Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Robotouch

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2008
Hey Guys,

Im in a bit of mess here, the Wi-fi on my iPhone 3G is just refusing to work, it wont connect to any networks and doesn't always pick up available networks and it's just refusing to connect with any, its just given up, im guessing its the radio? ( tried full restore etc...)

Im running 3.1.3 and I'm trying to downgrade my baseband and i've jailbroken but i cant install fuzzyband because i cant connect to any wi-fi network and cant use 3g or edge because its locked,

anyone any ideas how i can downgrade the baseband without wi-fi?

Thanks

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
No other way to connect online besides carrier data or wifi. If wifi don't work only thing u can do is borrow someones sim that will work on the iPhone without unlocking. The official carrier that the iPhone is locked to and use their data. No other options besides that and trying to reset your network settings or toggle airplane mode and hope that wifi will start working again.

Robotouch

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2008
Well I wont be able to get data since the iPhone is locked to AT&T and I'm in Europe.......

Robotouch

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2008
does anyone know how i can check if the wifi problem is a hardware or software issue?

lokster

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2010
if you can return it to apple return it. wifi is a huge part of the iphone, how can you not have wifi

Robotouch

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2008
I think a miracle has just happened,

Somehow i've got the wifi working again! long story.......

But now i cant install fuzzyband because of some "dependencies"

The requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed.

and underneath it says
Depends - coreutils

I've checked and coreutils is installed

Anyone any ideas?

lokster

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2010
do a complete upgrade of cydia if it asks you to update cydia then install fuzzyband

Robotouch

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2008
No it's not asking me to update it,,

Im trying to install it with icy, but the package doesnt seem to be there

Robotouch

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2008
as i mentioned above
i cant install fuzzyband because of some "dependencies"

The requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed.

and underneath it says
Depends - coreutils

I've checked and coreutils is installed

Robotouch

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2008
I seem to be getting this message for several different apps I try to install, not all of them, just certain ones,

I've gotten it with fuzzyband and also with Ultrasn0wso i cant install either of them

The requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed

then underneath im shown the dependencies, sometimes more than one, they seem to be core file systems of cydia like
coreutils
mobilesubstrate

The version of cydia installed is 1.0.3044-66

anyone any ideas how i can fix this? I already tried restoring and re jailbreaking, im using the redsn0w method for jailbreaking, 3.1.3

Robotouch

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2008
Restored and jailbroke twice, still having the same problems with cydia,

finally managed to install fuzzyband with Icy, it then told me my boot loader was 5.09 so i cant even downgrade after all that,

I thought it was 5.08 but turns out it wasn't

looks like ill have to wait till the dev team comes up with a solution and ill have to make do with an itouch for now,

but still cant install several programs i want to with cydia :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.