Use headphone jack and internal speakers together

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by only1perky, Jun 19, 2009.

1. only1perky macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

Is it possible by any means to use the headphone output and the built in speakers together.

The reason I ask is I have a wireless speaker which transmits from the headphone jack. When this is plugged in it sends everything playing on my MBP to the speaker. This is great but I would also like the music to play from my laptop speakers at the same time.

Any ideas are welcome.

Cheers.

2. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

I'm interested in seeing if this is possible as well...

3. Alois macrumors newbie

Full control over the jacks.

So do I. This would be VERY interesting. Also a possibility to control the inputs and outputs jacks. i.e. use mic jack as rear speakers and headphone jack as front one, been the internal speaker center (voice) speaker. Like this one can to a 5.1 with just a MB.

4. Alois macrumors newbie

:confused: Is there anybody there??? :confused: Any progress about the headphone jack? :confused:

5. mousouchop macrumors 6502a

mousouchop

I have only ever used both internal and external speakers through the use of AirTunes. I know-- this isn't using the headphone jack. But if you are looking for this in terms of music-- I would get an Airport Express. If you are looking for other reasons, I would get to researching software, or get a USB audio module (or Expresscard if you have a MBP with a slot for it).

6. Alois macrumors newbie

You are completely write, the best way to listen music would using the AirTunes. But I was really looking for something that could make work together every sound possible wirely. Like the description said above. The reason are: if one has the possibility to use it why buy USB, wi-fi, or any other modules. Is just the simplest way to use. Other thing is, I would like to let my internal speaker playing my iTunes by internal speaker (ambient sound for my wife) while i'm watching something else in VLC (like a serie or whatever). Or even talk in skype while some one is listen another music. For these reasons would be interesting to manage the jacks and internal speakers separately.

7. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

I believe what you want is not possible. I believe the automatic switch is or build in the hardware or EFI (the link between software and hardware). I think this because it acts the same in bootcamp/windows7. I didn't install the drivers from the install DVD.

So unless there is software that override the EFI I think it's not possible.

8. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Not that I know of. Though it may be possible! I would be interested to know if something like that could work...:D

9. ddesignboy macrumors newbie

I figured it out!

I FIGURED IT OUT!

To get this to work, you need to buy two things:
    1) Audio Hijack Pro software by RogueAmoeba, with the SoundFlower plugin.
    2) Griffin iMic.

Once you've installed both the hardware and software, do the following:

1) In Hijack Pro, create a session with source type: audio device, and SoundFlower 2Ch as the input, and iMic as the output.
    2) Create a second session again with source type: audio device, and SoundFlower 2Ch as the input, but change the output to "Built-in Output."
    3) Click the "Hijack" button for both sessions, so Hijack Pro is hijacking audio from Soundflower and routing it to both outputs simultaneously.
    4) In System Preferences/Sound, change sound output to "SoundFlower 2Ch".