Use iPad Air 2 Apple smart case with iPad Pro 9.7 and use sleep and wake function help

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Beejan181, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Beejan181 macrumors newbie

i upgraded from my iPad air 2 to iPad pro 9.7 ,
    i had the apple smart case for the iPad air 2 which fits the i pad pro perfectly ,but the sleep and wake function is not working .
    ive read that apple has changed the magnets positioning on the new iPad pro which work the sleep and wake function .
    can some one tell me where are the magnets and can i modify the old iPad air 2 case to be working the sleep and wake functions .
    i love the old case as its leather as apposed to the new iPad pro case which is silicone based .

thanks for sharing

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Unfortunately, even if you knew how to reposition the magnets, there's no way to put the case back together after you pull it apart.

3. RedOrchestra Suspended

How could it possibly fit perfectly when the Air 2 has 2 speakers while the iPad Pro has 4 speakers?

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Well, if you don't care that the speakers are covered, then yeah..... *shrug*

5. RedOrchestra Suspended

That's just one of the many great features that the iPP has over the Air 2.

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Yeah, well. Some people might not care. For example, I'm hard of hearing, so I tend to not care much about the speakers.