Use iPhone Purchased Through Different Line?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Seraphx17, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Seraphx17 macrumors member

I have a iPhone 3G S with obviously a regular SIM. A couple members of our family plan bought iPhone 4s. They purchased using the eligibility of their lines on Apple.com. Well they are getting theirs next week (pre-ordered the night of the 15th and thus are getting theirs late).

However, a member of our line has decided not to get the iPhone through their pre-order. Long story, but I was wondering if I could use the iPhone that they are having delivered, that they ordered through their line? Can I activate the micro sim that is included for use on my line, or is the microsim that came with her iPhone 4 already pre-configured to work only on her line?

I know her eligibility will be lost, ect., but I was just wondering if the iPhone 4 and microsim can be used on any line, even though it was pre-ordered through her line.

Thanks!

2. Seraphx17 thread starter macrumors member

Bump, anyone?

All I'm basically asking is if a microsim bought with a different line can be configured for a different line.

3. jtfx6552 macrumors newbie

Yes you can, but don't activate without calling AT&T or going into an AT&T store first.

I have two lines eligible for upgrade, I have a 16 GB and a 32GB on order, the 16 GB arrived today and I wanted to put it on the "other" line from when i ordered.

Itunes asks during the activation process something like "Do you want this phone with phone number xxx-xxx-xxxx If not, activate then call AT&T."

If you do this, you'll need a new Microsim card to get changed to the correct number.

I spent a lot of time on with AT&T, and they claim if I had called first, they could have "parked" the number I really wanted and loaded it on the sim card that came in the phone.