Use iphoto browser to get a raw into aperture.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by cupcakes2000, Oct 26, 2011.

1. cupcakes2000 macrumors 6502

Im getting annoyed with this now. How do I import a RAW shoot using the Iphoto browser in Aperture 3?
    OR how do I access the Iphoto library via the regular import function in aperture?
    The only way I can seem to do it is select the images in Iphoto and then opening in external editor. It only imports 4 at a time though, and creates a different new project for each. It's a pain in the bloody arse.

2. Keleko macrumors 68000

I'm not sure I understand the question... When I insert my SD card, Aperture automatically opens up and shows all the images checked. I click "Import checked", and they load in. It does create a new project because I tell it to do so (default function). You can set the project before importing if you don't want that.

Import from a directory is the same way, except you have to tell it to import manually and navigate to the folder you want to import from. Otherwise it imports the same way.

I don't use iPhoto at all in this process. I store everything in Aperture.

3. iCollector macrumors newbie

Well: You can always import the photo through Aperture. They do have a manual that does spell out how to do it. Also how to import from iPhoto Library as well.

Are you using referenced or managed files in Aperture. I used to reference, but getting pics in from iPhoto got to be tiring, so I switched to managed. My only gripe is I have an iPhoto library still showing up in Aperture, and I'm afraid to delete it!

With your card/camera connected, you could import directly into Aperture.

I'm not trying to be a smarta$$, but how familiar are you with Aperture? It can take a while to get comfortable with it. I still am finding out ways to do things!