Use iPod touch backup on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by wesg, Aug 6, 2010.

1. wesg macrumors regular

wesg

I've been rocking a 1st gen iPod touch since April 2008 and next week I'm moving up to an iPhone 4. I've been backing up my iPod since using it, so is it possible to take that backup and restore it onto my iPhone so it uses the same apps, network settings and mail? Does iTunes offer this automatically?

2. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

I just got an iPhone 4 a week ago and it asked me if I wanted to restore from a backup from my iPod touch but I didn't do it so I'm guessing since it asked me if I wanted to then it's possible. Although, I highly recommend that you do not restore from a backup. You should always start fresh as it will be less sluggish.

3. ptrhenry52 macrumors newbie

The iTunes can create backups of settings and certain other information on iPhone and iPod touch.You can use a backup to restore settings and other information to your iPhone or iPod touch after a software restore or update, or to transfer information to a different device.This application converts the iPhone or iPod Touch backups that are created by iTunes into readily usable Mac OS X files.