Use iSync to take contacts FROM phone TO address book?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MBHockey, Jun 5, 2007.

1. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

I know you can sync address book contacts to your phone using iSync and Bluetooth, however my question is if you can do exactly the reverse?

I'd like to transfer all the contacts in my phone to Address Book, or some other crude form if at all possible. I have a Motorola E815 that is set up to work with iSync via Bluetooth...but i'm not seeing this option.

Any ideas?

2. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

It would sync both ways- it just doesn't transfer from address book to your phone, but in fact would sync them. Doesn't that do what you want? Syncing doesn't mean a one way transfer if data- but syncronizing of all the data to be the same on both. It works that way with my palm and syncing it.

3. MBHockey thread starter macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Ah, i was always confused by that term. Thanks, i'll give it a shot!

4. MBHockey thread starter macrumors 68040

MBHockey

5. habebtydohuk macrumors newbie

Transfer my i phone contact to address book on my mac

Any one can help me out how to transfer my i phone contact to address book on my mac because i want to reset my i phone and i don't like to loose my contact
    please email me at
    habebtydohuk@gmail.com

6. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

I would assume it is like iPod Touch I do where I click to sync Address book on the device (iPhone or iPod Touch) with the computer iTunes account so that computer now syncs the addresss book. Look under tabs for your iPhone in iTunes and you should see the option.

7. petekiwinz macrumors newbie

adding to sets of contacts from two different phones

Hi, do you know if you can add together two sets of contacts from two different phones and add the combination to one of those phones? and how can you simply view on your computer your contacts and the data you have synchronized from your phone?