use limbo phone = goodbye unlimited data plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dischNoutTAspd, Jun 16, 2010.

1. dischNoutTAspd macrumors regular

if i use my blackjack II will I lose my unlimited data plan ?

2. Goldielocks19 macrumors member

Goldielocks19

from my understand (reading topics already posted on this matter)
    ATT does random zaps, so you may or may not get lucky.
    im assuming right be4 launch day they will be doing some major zapage...so do it at your own risk....my iphone is cracked right now and just sucking it up...not worth losing my data plan.

3. klitorisaurus macrumors member

I've been using a limbo phone for the last month and a half, and then sporadically before that, due to a moody 3G. When I preordered the 4 from AT&T, my unlimited plan was still intact, no biggie. And if they do try and take it away, I'll have a legal reason to cancel my contract for free AND keep my new subsidized phone.

4. dischNoutTAspd thread starter macrumors regular

when i pre ordered my iphone 4 my unlimted data plan was still intact as well.. i just wont be getting mine til july 15th so im trying to make sure I wont get cut off. I mean technically i "signed a 2 year contract " once i preordered, but my original monthly plan didnt change. ok.

5. PorterRocks macrumors 6502

PorterRocks

I've been using a dumb phone since March. All is well. Just don't tell AT&T and you should be fine.

6. nowstime macrumors regular

7. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

Even when you don't tell them, they know what phone you are using. Check OLAM...

They won't drop your data plan on a dum-i mean feature phone.

8. PorterRocks macrumors 6502

PorterRocks

Yeah it shows my dumb phone on there. So is my unlimited data. I just meant don't call them and tell them. They may decide to change it if you do. I'm not sure, but I didn't want to risk it. It just sucked paying for data I didn't use. :(

9. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

No you will not, as the BJ, is still a smartphone, and as long as you are using one, you will not lose your grandfathered in status.

10. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

Not sure how this rumor started but it is not true.

11. MFalcetano macrumors newbie

I lost my 3GS and had cancelled my unlimited plan before AT&T announced that they were going to do away with the unlimited plan. I called them up and they allowed me to add unlimited back to my account, and even changed my device over to a 3GS, even though I'm not using one at the moment.

12. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Another thing I heard floating around is AT&T will eventually switch everyone to either the $25 or $15 plans, and the $30 unlimited is going away, supposedly by September.

I just heard this from some people who just signed up for AT&T, I have not yet confirmed with AT&T, however I did ask them when I get my i4 next week, if my Unlimited plan stays intact and so far 3 of 3 reps said yes.

Only new customers dont get unlimited as an option, also if you switch, you can never switch back.

ex...

If I go from unlimited to $15 plan to save $, I will only have the option of going to the $25 2 GB plan, never to unlimited again.