Use MBP to replace DESKTOP PC

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by KKKL, Oct 10, 2009.

1. KKKL macrumors 6502

I just received my MBP two days ago. I'm planning to use it to replace my old desktop pc. I seldom take it out of my house (but sometimes of course, that's why i bought a MBP not an iMac) and I will keep it open all day long.

The question is:
    For older MBP, I can simply remove the battery and use the adapter to power the machine. But with this battery sealed MBP, should I atatch / detatch the adapter every charging cycle or just plug the adapter all day long?

BTW: I'm in Hong Kong now. I ordered my MBP from AOS HK on Oct 6 PM and received it on Oct 8 AM. Very impressive!

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Bad idea removing the battery as it throttles the CPU right down.

Leave it plugged in and cycle the battery every month or so, thats what I do and my battery health is 99%.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I leave my battery in and since you cannot remove it on new MBPs that point is moot.

I'd probably unplug it and run it on the battery about once a week, but I'm not religious about that. When I'm not traveling, its mostly on AC

4. neilhart macrumors 6502

neilhart

nobody really knows.

The new battery technology that is in your new MBP is so new that no one has "real world" experience to share. My suggestion is don't worry about, just use the laptop as you like and go from there.

The link apple article: http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/battery/

neil