Use MobileMe to move from Outlook 2007 to Entourage 2007?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by urbanmojo, Nov 25, 2009.

1. urbanmojo macrumors member

I am trying to extract myself from Microsoft, but they don't make it easy.

From what I see online, moving from Outlook 2007 to Entourage 2008 on a Mac is difficult as there is no native way to converst Outlook's .pst format to the mbox format used by Entourage.

I have an iPhone right now that I sync my Contact and Calendar info from Outlook. I don't store my mail on my iPhone, I just read and respond and my PC downloads it when I am at the PC, removing it from my phone.

I was wondering if I sign up for a MobileMe trial if I could use that to move all my mail (and contacts and calendar) in my PC's .pst file to the cloud, and then pull it down into Entourage. I have 3 .pst files: Personal: 250MB, Work: 305MB, Archive: 410MB. So less than 1 GB. Will it be a long process?

The other option seems to be to pay to use this tool:

http://www.convertmyemail.com/outlook-to-entourage.php

2. Frosties macrumors 6502a

Frosties

The program license for that program is really bad:

A single license of Outlook to Entourage allows you to export all of your Outlook data from one PC. If you need to export data from more than one computer you will need to purchase multiple licenses.

So it's only for one use really.