Use of Different Sim Card for I-Phone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by penthy, Dec 1, 2007.

1. penthy macrumors newbie

If please somebody can answer to my questions:
    I travel a lot and I have different sim cards with different companies for each country (UK, Italy, France, Spain...) I want to buy an I-phone in Germany and I accept the T-mobile tariff and they said that they can unlock my i-phone. still, can I still use it with my Italian sim card or my Uk card??? Keep in mind that I-phone has not arrived in Italy yet and I dont have O2 in UK...
    Thanks!!!!

2. sparkyms macrumors 65816

If you buy the unlocked iPhone in Germany then yes, you will be able to use SIMs from whereever you want on whatever network you want. That is, if you're willing to pay the €999 for the phone!

3. penthy thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks!
    It seems that you can buy it for 399 euros + the T-mobile tariff, and then they can unlock it. The contract with T-mobile lasts 2 years, but if you prove that you are leaving Germany, you can cancel it!
    I will check with T-mobile next week and see if it is possible...
    I wan to buy one, but I have to be sure that I can use it everywhere!!!

4. igglepuff macrumors regular

you'll be able to use teh unlocked phone on any GSM provider world wide. Don't forget about data fees, though while on the others if you don't have a plan that include data.

I believe its teh 400 and the unlock tariff is 600, heh. good luck