Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jazzer15

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 8, 2010
I'm thinking of signing up for the T-mobile 5GB/5 month promotion on my iPad Pro. I assume I can do that on the iPad and it would utilize the embedded eSIM without the need for a separate T-mobile SIM card. Is this correct or am I confused about how this works? If I were to set up the T-mobile account and then put, say, a Verizon SIM card in the SIM slot, is there a way to switch back and forth between the T-mobile and Verizon services (i.e., choose which service I want to use for data at a particular time) or can you only activate one at a time?

Last edited:

LibbyLA

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2017
I'm thinking of signing up for the T-mobile 5GB/5 month promotion on my iPad Pro. I assume I can do that on the iPad and it would utilize the embedded eSIM without the need for a separate T-mobile SIM card. Is this correct or am I confused about how this works? If I were to set up the T-mobile account and then put, say, a Verizon SIM card in the SIM slot, is there a way to switch back and forth between the T-mobile and Verizon services (i.e., choose which service I want to use for data at a particular time) or can you only activate one at a time?

I don’t know about that particular carrier combination, but I have both AT&T and T-Mo on eSIM.

jazzer15

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 8, 2010
Thank you. Yes, I just saw that response.

I don’t know about that particular carrier combination, but I have both AT&T and T-Mo on eSIM.

Thanks. How exactly does that work? Is there a setting in cellular data to choose which service you want to use at a particular time?

Last edited:
Reactions: A.R.E.A.M.

jazzer15

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 8, 2010
I purchased the T-mobile plan and now see how it works. For anyone else interested, you simply add the plan and then it is listed under "cellular plans" in the cellular plan Setting along with any other active plan that you may have. Then you just select whichever service you want to use.

Reactions: A.R.E.A.M.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.