Use Quicktype with an external keyboard

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by phpman, Aug 5, 2014.

1. phpman macrumors newbie

Hi,

yesterday I installed iOS 8 for the first time and I like it. But I have a question. I use the Logitech Ultrathin Bluetooth Keyboard with my iPad 4 and turned Quicktype on but I don't get any suggestions. It works only with the keyboard on the screen. How can I get this fixed?

2. Zcott macrumors 68020

I imagine it's designed that way as there's no easy way to accept the suggested words using a hardware keyboard. Anyway, a Bluetooth keyboard means you can type at full speed without any need for time saving suggestions.

3. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I don't think that would make any sense? What's the point of an external keyboard if you have to tap the screen to confirm a suggestion?

4. phpman thread starter macrumors newbie

It is faster if you only have to write two letters and then tap on the suggestion. And in Google Chrome I also use the display to Auto-fill formulas because it's a lot faster than writing with external keyboard.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

For regular typing with a regular keyboard predictive suggestions don't really exist as typing regular text out using touch typing on a full size external hardware keyboard is considered to be faster.