Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blobmaster1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2010
is it possible to use my [samsung impression sim card, equipped with data plan] and put it in an unlocked jailbroken and hacked and then get data and calling on my iphone 3gs WITHOUT making att know that i am using this iphone and them slapping on a smartphone data plan on it? thanks

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
is it possible to use my [samsung impression sim card, equipped with data plan] and put it in an unlocked jailbroken and hacked and then get data and calling on my iphone 3gs WITHOUT making att know that i am using this iphone and them slapping on a smartphone data plan on it? thanks

AT&T will eventually know and add the appropriate data plan to your account.
You might get away with it for weeks or months though.
How much is your data plan now on the impression? Why not get the $15 or $25 data plan anyway?

blobmaster1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2010
well. i'm on a family plan. i have the unlimited texting [30] and could add some family data[ i forgot how much, not much though ] . i'm just seeing if i can. but how does att know what phone you have with the hax?? o_o
would it work?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
well. i'm on a family plan. i have the unlimited texting [30] and could add some family data[ i forgot how much, not much though ] . i'm just seeing if i can. but how does att know what phone you have with the hax?? o_o
would it work?

As soon as you stick your sim inside any cellphone AT&T's system knows what device you're using to acess their network. There is no hax or hacks to go around that.
And there is no family data, you have to add data to each individual phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.