Use the Apple Store App and reserve no problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BigdaddyMBP, Jun 15, 2010.

1. BigdaddyMBP macrumors newbie

Hey All,

Was trying to reserve for quite some time today through Apple.com. Finally tried the App on my iPad, and viola... reserved to pick up on June 24th at my local store... It was easy and took less than 5 minutes.

Good luck!

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Reserving is not preordering. It's also a PITA b/c you have to wait for them to activate everyone's phone ahead of you. If ATT is as prepared on the 24th as they are today it's going to be a mess x10. I'm trying to avoid that.

3. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I've been trying that method all day without any luck.

So I'm glad you got lucky but it's not really some secret advice or anything like that. You just happened to get through. That's all.

4. BigdaddyMBP thread starter macrumors newbie

What happens if you don't want them to program it that day, you want to leave it sealed and program it later?

I want to test one out at the store before I decide if I am gonna acutally stick with it...

5. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I reserved mine through the app but didn't feel confident apple would have enough in stock and didn't want to wait in line with ALL THE PEOPLE who also reserved through the apple store app.

I just headed down to my closet AT&T store and pre-ordered my phone and was out of there in 45 minutes (this was during lunch time) and the phones being shipped to my office. I think the 45 minute wait is a lot better then who knows how long on the 24th, launch day!

6. M87 macrumors 65816

reserving ≠ pre-ordering

I can reserve one on apple.com and the apple store app no problem. Pre-Ordering is where the cluster**** is.

7. JoTomlin509 macrumors newbie

I too also reserved a iPhone 4 32gb over the iPhone Apple Store app. Got through the whole process and it verified that I was eligible for a upgrade. After it processed I got a e-mail confirming my reserve and that I could pick it up at my local store on June 24th. The only problem is the listed price in the confirmation e-mail has the iPhone 4 at $699.99!!! What should I do?

8. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Well that is the retail value of it. I'm sure when you go in to pick it up, the 400 will be taken off. Mine did that too. They probably just need more information once you arrive for them to prove its a full upgrade. Just my guess.

9. JoTomlin509 macrumors newbie

Thank you for the reply. Is there a chance that my local Apple Store will sell out before I get to the store around 5pm on June 24th?