Use the same email folder between Mac and XP

scanlanlee

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2006
Ireland
I have a question -
I am using bootcamp and have 3 Gmail accounts on Entourage.

I want to be able to read me emails regardless of the OS i am using, i have macdrive and set up Thunderbird on both OS's and set the folders for the mail on the OSX partition.

It didn't work - i just got 2 sets of mail folders in the same folder, but thy do use the same files.
Any one any ideas how i could get this to work?

blodwyn

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2004
Portland, Oregon
scanlanlee said:
I have a question -
I am using bootcamp and have 3 Gmail accounts on Entourage.

I want to be able to read me emails regardless of the OS i am using, i have macdrive and set up Thunderbird on both OS's and set the folders for the mail on the OSX partition.

It didn't work - i just got 2 sets of mail folders in the same folder, but thy do use the same files.
Any one any ideas how i could get this to work?
Might be easier to divert your Gmail accounts to a service like Fastmail, which you can then access via IMAP from anywhere.

balamw

Staff member
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Even though I agree with the IMAP suggestion, I'm confused It's gmail. Why not just use the Web client?

B

scanlanlee

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2006
Ireland
balamw said:
Even though I agree with the IMAP suggestion, I'm confused It's gmail. Why not just use the Web client?

B
The reason is I have 3 accounts and wanted to log in to the MB check my mails and have them available offline as well -
I did consider forwarding 2 of them to another account, but whae I did collect them in Entourage it made such a mess I said I wouldn't do it again!

Poff

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2003
Stavanger, Norway
I guess you could just keep the mails on the server and not download them. I think mail.app can do it, and I think thunderbird can do it. you might have to delete them manually, though..