Use third party Mail app to prevent Spire from accessing?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ZZ Bottom, Mar 24, 2012.

1. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

Hey all,

I have Spire installed, but I've yet to sign up for a Siri proxy. My main reservation is someone having access to email information. The rest; contacts, location, etc I could care less about.

So my question is, if I remove all of my accounts from the Apple Mail app and instead use one like Sparrow, will my account information be isolated from Siri? I'm assuming Apple hasn't allowed third party Siri integration yet correct?

Thanks!

2. tateu macrumors 6502

I'm note sure why you are asking about Apple control over a jailbroken app. Jailbreaking, by definition, means that Apple has lost control over your device.

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

if you sign up for a Siri proxy. they will have access to to email information. contacts, location, etc it is well documented. you can not prevent it unless you either use a trusted proxy like a good friend ir don;t use one. there is nothing you can do to block it.

4. ZZ Bottom thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted

I appreciate the responses, but it sounds like neither of you read my post all the way through. I understand all of my info is passed through Apple, and therefore a proxy if used.

My question was whether I can trust an app like SPARROW for keeping my mail account info isolated from the proxy server. If Siri/spire doesn't have the ability to read contents of a third party app, that should mean only Apple Mail is going to share email info. And I would therefore remove all of my email accounts from the default Mail app.

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

yes I read it and yes I understand and answered accordingly I believe it's correct you need somebody using sparrow and access to see a server to answer 100% I wouldn't trust it but that's me.