Use Touch on xbox 360?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by bazookafx3, Feb 24, 2008.

1. bazookafx3 macrumors regular

Alright so back when i had my ipod video i was able to plug my ipod into the USB port of my friends xbox 360 and then we could listen to my music while playing a game. But ever since i got my ipod touch when i tried to do the same thing nothing happens, is there a way to get them to work? For example a download off of installer or simply something already on the ipod i need to activate.

2. Mhaddy macrumors 6502

Mhaddy

I don't believe your touch will show up on the 360 if it's Mac-formatted, that's the problem that I'm having right now. Otherwise, I believe it should just show up like a regular iPod.

3. antibact1 macrumors 6502

The Touch uses an entirely different means of file access. I had a 30GB 5.5 Gen that was Mac formatted (HFS) that worked just fine on my XBOX. The touch does not show up on the 360 at all.

4. BassistKing1 macrumors member

i think it might be cause the ipod touch cant be used as a disk drive, but every other ipod cant.

on a side note, why cant you use it as a disk drive? i heard somewhere that they said the iphone couldnt, because it needed to be able to disconnect easily if a phonecall came in, but they should be able to change that for the ipod touch, right?

5. antibact1 macrumors 6502

Previous iPods were basically just hard drives - formatted partitions that music and other data were copied to and accessed by the iPod software. The iPod Touch and iPhone are much different in that they are basically a computer. As a result, the normal file system mounting mechanisms cannot be used. If you've worked with any of the jailbreaking software, you would have seen that you have to secure copy files to the iPod or iPhone, the same as you would if it was any other computer system.