Use Touch with new computer

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by thedwolfe, Jun 26, 2010.

1. thedwolfe macrumors member

thedwolfe

I have the problem as most. Two computers and one iPod Touch. And also don't understand the the "workings of iTunes.

1. In iTunes under Library/Music it shows 290 items and in my MyDoc/My Music/iTunes/iTunes music I have about 200. Why the diff and how do I sync my computer to match my Touch?

2. I have a new computer and want to sync my iTouch with it. Can I just do that or are there steps I must take first. I understand I can't use two different computers

3. Also have apps that I want to make sure I don't loose.

4. It looks like my shared folder has everything. Is there anyway to use that or is it just "looking" somewhere else.

5. Since my iTunes folder in my Music folder doesn't have all apps....if I back that folder up am I safe in protecting my music at least?

6. When I Sync my Touch it shows it's also backing up. Is it backing up everything on the touch and where is it backing it up? My iTunes folder in My Music?

Know this is a lot but as you can tell I'm confused but need to get everything transferred/working on my new computer quickly.

The Wolfe

2. lewis82 macrumors 68000

lewis82

Is your new computer a mac?

In that case, just copy the iTunes folder located in /Users/~/Music to the new computer.

Everything should work fine;)

3. thedwolfe thread starter macrumors member

thedwolfe

Sorry, forgot to mention I'm working with PC's.