Use xbox 360 on iMac 27"(late 2012 model)

Discussion in 'iMac' started by BatmanIsABoss, Mar 17, 2013.

1. BatmanIsABoss macrumors newbie

Hi Guy,

I've been reading through quite a lot of forums recently about using your xbox 360/ps3 on the 27" iMac. But most of them are from 2010.

So I was just wondering if any of you know if there was a way to connect the consoles to the iMac, I initially tried getting a normal hdmi-to-minidisplay port adapter but that obviously didn't work and after reading tons of forums I've gathered you need an external box in order to make it work. I know there are quite a few products out there such as the Kanex XD but this doesn't support 1080 and the rest only support 720 as well including the Belkin AV360 and some of them such as the Blackmagic Intensity are too pricey(around $270). The only product I was really interested in and that actually supported 1080p was the Atlona box but thats discontinued now.

So are there any other newer products anyone knows about that support full 1080p HD and are reasonably priced?

2. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Pretty sure there are no current options that will work on a post 2010 iMac (pre thunderbolt). The options that you mention are expensive and only work on the older models. I guess that's why no one has developed one yet.

3. RoastingPig macrumors 68000

RoastingPig

nope. but i sure do hate these topics

----------

because they remind me that i cant do it because i do want to.

4. BatmanIsABoss thread starter macrumors newbie

Its retarded how even after spending so much money they can't add on a HDMI port and allow the iMac to be used as an external screen.

5. Zav macrumors member

+1.

This really does rile me. Not just because I'm a Xbox 360 user, but because it adds a whole new dimension to a beautiful screen if possible. Those solutions that worked on the older models only displayed 720p anyway. Imagine if we could actually use the screen as a simple external display. Consoles, laptops, desktops iPads and more. ALL in full HD, or possibly even native 1980 x 1080? I shall wake up from this dream pretty soon....:eek: