Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Flowbee

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2002
Alameda, CA
Most awesome!

"iSee iTunes" is a Tivo HME application that acts as an remote graphical display and remote control for iTunes including:

* Cover Art display (if it exists in iTunes)
* Song title/album/artist display
* Duration/current play position display/control
* Next/Previous song control
* Star rating display/control
* Playlist display/control with shuffle toggle
* Party Shuffle display/control
* iTunes computer name display
* iTunes operation via host computer triggers display/control updates
* Checks for new version and displays on host computer splash screen

No iTunes Audio will come from the TiVo, this is meant ONLY for controlling iTunes. If you want to hear audio from outside your computer system you should connect an AirPort Express with AirTunes or the host computer itself to your stereo system.

Simple to set up. Read the readme and open port 7288 if you've got your firewall on.

MarcelV

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2004
Done Well

Perfect work around for no AAC support (protected and 'open') on Tivo. Great Job by the author. Yeah, I had a little issue with getting it to work, but that was firewall related and me not doing the right thing (reading a readme file.... who needs one, right?), but it seems stable!!

strngwys

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2002
i'm cursed

i've been trying for an hour to get my tivo to allow hme applications.
i put in the backdoor key sequence and return to tivo home with no change to music and photos. i have series 2 , tivo 7.1-x, my mac is updated on all the java stuff. my tivo sees my photos and music. maybe i should sacrifice a goat or something to appease the tivo gods!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.