Used 2010 MBA now close to iPad 2 price - thoughts?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by AlvinNguyen, Nov 13, 2011.

1. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

Jun 23, 2010
    The 2010 revision of the Macbook Air made that computer one of my favorite of all time. Now that prices are dropping, I was browsing CL and found one for $650. I negotiated it down to $600 and picked it up. The machine is about to be out of warranty by next week but I'm not too concerned about that, it's in great shape. I ended up selling my iPad 2 for $450 and got another $40 for the smart cover so I really only spent $110 to go from a wifi 16gb iPad 2 to the MBA.

My iPad 2 is used as a portfolio and when I'm not meeting clients (maybe once a month) I have no need for it. Sometimes when I leave my house I would take it with me instead of my 17" 2011 MBP but I always feel like I left something important at home. Especially if I didn't bring the bluetooth keyboard. With the 11" MBA I don't feel that way and I can get serious email work done with ease. I'll probably pick up a Kindle Fire as a portfolio for $200 and use the Air as my road warrior.

Anyone thinking of switching and spending a little more to grab a used MBA?
  2. verwon macrumors 68030

Jul 26, 2011
  3. elpmas macrumors 68000

Sep 9, 2009
    Where the fresh snow don't go.
    Well...aren't you lucky :). Nice find imo, if the prices are around $600...I'd be happy to sell my MBP and get a MBA :D
  4. anjinha macrumors 604

Oct 21, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    It really depends on what you use your iPad for. I have an 11" Air and an iPad and wouldn't give up either of them up, even though the Air is not much bigger than the iPad. I need the Air for work when I'm traveling but if I'm just relaxing, doing some reading, browsing the web, watching a movie in bed I prefer to use the iPad.