Used 2012 Mac Mini

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Switchfoot, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Switchfoot macrumors member

Used 2012 Mac Mini, 2.5 i5 dual core with 4gb ram and Intel HD4000, 500gb sata drive.

Got a guy on Craigslist selling it with monitor for 350. Good deal or should I negotiate down? (Don't want to turn him off to selling it to me if I'm too "barter-ish")

2. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

Seems reasonable to me. Around where I am you are lucky to find 2009-2010 models for that price.

3. phairphan macrumors 6502a

phairphan

If it will help to have some comparison, I bought the same model a few months ago from the Apple Store online in the refurb section for $419. Of course, that didn't come with a monitor, but it was also basically new, under warranty, and Apple Care eligible, if you care about that sort of thing.

4. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

Depends on the monitor. Sounds like an ok to very good deal based on what is included. I always try to bargain some when buying off craigslist. Might get $25 or so off the asking price.

5. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

If you want to make an offer, and you don't want to dissuade the seller, come up with a price based on something and be prepared to show how you arrived at it. Completed ebay listings in the same country or refurbished pricing (again in the same country) can be good references. Otherwise the chance of hearing back from them can be a lot lower if you're too far apart.