Used boot camp and now I feel like it's running slow

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thedigi1, Nov 1, 2009.

1. thedigi1 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

I'm new here and I figured I found the perfect place to talk about my mac book pro.

I have a mac Book Pro 15 inch 2 years old.

I decided to use boot camp for the first time the other day and run windows vista. I noticed that though it ran perfect on here I felt that something wasn't right with the dual boot OS. I decided to erase and bring my harddrive back to normal. After I did that I feel like my Mac runs slow. Has anyone on here experience that? I was thinking if it doesn't get better I might have to do a clean install. Any suggestions?

Thank you

2. psingh01 macrumors 65816

Maybe the drive is fragmented (even though it's not supposed to fragment under osx)....I installed/uninstalled bootcamp several times on my MBP. Eventually I couldn't create a bootcamp partition the size I wanted anymore because there were "unmovable files" in the way.

What I did was do a Time Machine backup then do a restore from that backup. Afterwards I was able to create the bootcamp partition and continue with my endless cycles of installing windows when I need it. It's basically like defragmenting your drive. Might make it run smoother and it'll save you the trouble of reinstalling all your apps after a clean install.

3. thedigi1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't really have any data on here that I would need to back up with time machine so I never used it. Now saying that would I be able just to simply erase the hard drive then reinstall OSX SL?