Used Cmmnd + R to erase disk and reinstall, problem

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jpangie, Mar 28, 2012.

1. jpangie macrumors newbie

I'm selling my Macbook, so I wanted to erase every thing on there. I used Command + R to erase the disk and then rebooted and selected the Reinstall Mac OS X lion. I signed in to my iTunes account and now it is downloading, only thing is it's saying 425 hours until it is completed. Did I do anything wrong? If it matters, it still says I have a recovery disk with 600mb on there.

Is there any other way I can reinstall lion? Now when I start up, it will take me to the reinstall using time machine/reinstall mac osx lion over wifi/get help online/disk utility option. I only have the Leopard disk I got since I used a friends disk to upgrade from Leopard to Snow to Lion and I don't have them with me.

2. reubenroyapple macrumors newbie

You have done everything right, what it has to do is download the whole operating system from the internet, it would seem that your internet is very slow, as it is saying it will take about 17 days to download! I think it was silly that apple do not supply disks anymore, the only way to get around this is to by a Mac OS X Lion Install USB stick from apple, or install leopard again, ask to borrow snow leopard, and then install lion. If your internet actualy is fast, and it shouldnt take that long to download, just try the reinstall again, and see if the time decreases a lot.
    Hope this helps, and im rubbish at writing things so this probably makes no sense at all...

Reuben