Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacHamster68

macrumors 68040
Sep 17, 2009
What prompted my purchase was the fact that my old G4 Cube he was using was failing miserably at flash-based sites like PBS Kids. I switched him to my old Power Mac 2.0 DP G5, advertised as a "supercomputer" in 2005, and while it did better the constant loud fan noise told me that it was straining.

Steve was right about at least one thing......Flash blows.

allright it is a punishment for a ppc Mac , but possible under tenfourfox to open flash based sites , nobody told apple back then that flash will be the future ,apple still believes that flash has no future

sad world not even kids can use supercomputers any more so thank you apple for filling up our landfill sites now

funny enough old pc with far inferior (according apple back then ) pentium 4 have no such problem under windows7

Last edited:

fanspeed

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2007
@dcp

maybe but he will forever remember how he was beat up and humiliated for the rest of his life and it will forever haunt him ,just like it does to you now. so do remember when i took all your clothes and threw you out in the school hall:Dway naked in front of all the junior high girls.

Unkei

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
iMac for 3/4/5 year olds?

OMG is it just me or is an i7 quad iMac just a little bit outrageous for a 4yr old.

I am a Mac fan, I love my iMac, and my iPhone and my iPad, I do believe however that they are all luxury items that you earn the right to own by working your butt off.

By buying your 4yr old these items how will they ever learn the value of grafting for the good things in life.. I have a 3yr old and I will be damned if he is getting a Mac anytime before starting high school.

Thank you! I was wondering if I was the only person who thought that was excessive for a young child! What ever happened to having the kid playing outside once in awhile? Sorry...I know this isn't the dark ages, and some computer use may be helpful to a child's development. Just wish more parents would think long term! I'll shut up now! Probably ticked enough good people off!

Unkei

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.