Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dr. McKay

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
Belgium, Europe
I have the opportunity to buy a used iPhone 4S 16Gb, I already have one, it'd be for my wife. She now has an old Nokia E5 which is on its last legs (well, it's acting funny).

I thought that the used iPhone 4S (bought in November 2011 but still in absolute mint condition) would suit here just fine. After all, I have a 4S and it's a smashing phone. The price for the used 4S : 290 euro.

But then I got thinking. What about Android ? So I started looking at Samsung's offerings and found the Galaxy S3 Mini. Latest version of Android and I believe it will be eligible for some more updates in the future as it's not an old phone.
Price for a new one : 239 euro.

She's not a heavy user : just the normal things like calling, texting, checking mail (she uses Gmail) and Facebook. A casual game from time to time (she really likes Candy Crush :D ).

I wouldn't mind forking out for the iPhone, but that's me. Anyone have any thoughts about this ? Anyone who has a S3 Mini ?

IFRIT

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2012
If the 4S is in good condition then I would have that as it is much the better phone.

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
Now if it were the S4 mini vs 4S I would say to go with the S4 but with the S3 mini vs the 4S I would say go with the 4S. Overall a better phone albeit not by a ton. But definitely worth the slightly higher price. Not to say the S3 mini is a bad phone. It's a great little phone and has a 4 inch screen and will do most basic things well.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.