Used iPhone and Data Plan

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jbt2008, Sep 6, 2008.

1. jbt2008 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone! I finally was able to purchase a used 1st gen iPhone last week. I am really excited but I have a question. I do now want the data plan. So i'm guessing that when I activate it thru itunes I will have to choose a data plan. Any way around this? Will ATT still remove the old iphone data plan? I know I can unlock it and might just do that, but I kind of want my phone to be legit and under warranty. Any thoughts?

2. jbt2008 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. cbflip2000 macrumors regular

unlock it... when you need the warranty...activate it the legit way. If you get your replacement or whatever wait for a week, call AT&T and said you lost your iPhone and get on a normal plan and unlock your iPhone all over again.

4. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

sounds like the right plan to me too..

5. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

you have quite a few convoluted questions...

if you want the iphone data plan just do it through itunes, or you can call AT&T.

if you want to take the iphone plan off, i have no experience in this dept., but if you move the sim card to another phone and then call them to remove the plan.

6. mitchhart33 macrumors newbie

Help!

hey guys i got a used iphone 1st generation and it didnt come wiht a sim. I would like to, for now, use the iphone for my ipod touch purposes if you will. without a sim card. Is this possible? IF it is would you please reply and help me out by telling me what i need to do to get it working?