Used iPhone Selling Guide

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mahler12x, May 23, 2008.

1. Mahler12x macrumors regular

Mahler12x

Ok, so it's clear that there's gonna be a new iPhone with all sorts of fancy additions. It's time for a quick concise guide on how to sell your used iPhone so you can use the cash to upgrade.

Can someone break it down for me? You know, clearing info, removing SIM, and all that sort of thing.

Thanks!

2. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

1. Restore phone as a new phone. There have been posting on professionals being able to get data off of phone. Do a search and you can read about this. I didn't bother or worry about this.
    2. Unlock/Jailbreak using Pwnage (see sticky under iphone hacks). Make sure you test all features of unlocked iPhone to ensure it work correctly. Test carrier besides your iPhone carrier to make sure it is truly unlocked.
    3. Make your listing using a windows PC on ebay. Unless you know how to list using HTML since Mac Computers don't support the formatting options on ebay. Make your listing look good. Search completed listing on ebay (under advanced search) for ideas on phones that sold for the most.
    4. If you ship international you get more money. I have a powersellers account so I can ship to almost anyone and paypal covers fraud (even unconfirmed addresses).

EDIT: remove SIM after this is all done using a paperclip. Just insert and push down. The SIM tray pops up.

3. onlycopunk macrumors 6502

I just restored with a custom firmware in Pwnage and deleted the Bootneuter app, then sold it problem solved.

I'm not really worried about someone reading my old emails or even having the want or resources to grab all of my prior information from my phone. What are they gonna do, call my mom?

4. chewbaccacabra macrumors regular

chewbaccacabra

Yes and talk dirty.:eek: