iPod touch used ipod from target--what the heck

arizons

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2012
has this ever happened to anyone. yesterday i purchased an ipod touch for my husband. but when we opened it, the screen is cracked and it looks used!!
i am going to target to raise hell about it tomorrow...and demand a replacement. any comments on this?

mohammadkm95

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2011
Wirelessly posted

If i were you id just go and try to get a regular return and IF they check it and see it id tell them what happened. Of they dont id just go to the electronic section and but a new one.

I bought one and it was used it had pica movies scratches all that they wouldnt give me a return thinking i was lieing but in the end they got me a return and a new one

Speedyparker87

Cancelled
Apr 4, 2010
Chicago
It's not really Target's fault. Some person bought a new iPod from Target, put his or her broken one back in the package, kept the new one and returned the old one in the package. Not a very ethical thing to do, but it happens.

Just explain the issue to Target and hopefully they'll replace it with no issue. If not, then feel free to raise hell.

----------

Wirelessly posted

If i were you id just go and try to get a regular return and IF they check it and see it id tell them what happened.
Eh, if they do check it this time, then they'd probably think you were trying to pull one over on them and you'd be screwed. I would explain the situation upfront.

arizons

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2012
Aren't iPod Touch packages transparent from the front?

I'm not doubting you, and this kind of thing certainly does happen, but I thought the transparent plastics would certainly allow you to see the cracked display. Unless perhaps there's something specific to Target in play here (such as the device being transferred from a secure cabinet directly to a bag) that i'm not aware of.

Anyway, sounds like a returned unit. As mentioned, bring it up with the store and ask for a replacement.
yes, it it but its not the whole screen...only part of the left corner...and when you turn it on...the screen doesn't work there...you cant really tell when its off...well..i can now that i know its there