used ipod from target--what the heck

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by arizons, May 26, 2012.

1. arizons macrumors newbie

May 26, 2012
    has this ever happened to anyone. yesterday i purchased an ipod touch for my husband. but when we opened it, the screen is cracked and it looks used!!
    i am going to target to raise hell about it tomorrow...and demand a replacement. any comments on this?
  2. mohammadkm95 macrumors member

Nov 25, 2011
    Wirelessly posted

If i were you id just go and try to get a regular return and IF they check it and see it id tell them what happened. Of they dont id just go to the electronic section and but a new one.

I bought one and it was used it had pica movies scratches all that they wouldnt give me a return thinking i was lieing but in the end they got me a return and a new one
  3. Speedyparker87 macrumors member

Apr 4, 2010
    It's not really Target's fault. Some person bought a new iPod from Target, put his or her broken one back in the package, kept the new one and returned the old one in the package. Not a very ethical thing to do, but it happens.

Just explain the issue to Target and hopefully they'll replace it with no issue. If not, then feel free to raise hell.

Eh, if they do check it this time, then they'd probably think you were trying to pull one over on them and you'd be screwed. I would explain the situation upfront.
  4. mohammadkm95 macrumors member

Nov 25, 2011
  5. iMacC2D, May 27, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  6. rgarjr macrumors 603

Apr 2, 2009
    Southern California
    It's transparent but it does have sticker on the display.
  7. arizons thread starter macrumors newbie

May 26, 2012
    yes, it it but its not the whole screen...only part of the left corner...and when you turn it on...the screen doesn't work cant really tell when its off...well..i can now that i know its there