Used iPod Touch wont sync

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Slinkington, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Slinkington macrumors member

Slinkington

Hi there,

I've just sold my iPod Touch (8GB 4th gen) on eBay and the guy who bought it is telling me he can't get it to do anything! It's been well looked after and I know it was working just before I sent it. The last thing I did with it was erased all data using the "Erase all content and settings" button.

The last screen I saw on the device was the sync to iTunes screen and I powered it off and sent it out to the buyer. I'd rather not have to get him to send it back for a refund, so do you guys know what could be wrong here? I've told him to update his itunes version and trying a reset but other than that I don't know what to suggest to him.

Any ideas? Thanks for your time! :)

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Did you have a password? You need to activate a password protected device first before sending it.

3. Slinkington thread starter macrumors member

Slinkington

No, I never set a password to it or anything like that. As far as I can tell the buyer just can't get it to connect to iTunes. Like iTunes doesn't notice it's connected, yet it's worked for me no problem. (That was before I erased the data, I never tried afterwards. Just left it on the sync screen and turned it off)

Do you think it could be problem with his computer? I'm not sure if he's on a mac or PC...

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

All 4th gen should be under warranty. Tell them to contact Apple Store for support. Find store at apple.com/retail

5. davis123 macrumors newbie

Try and rest the i tunes it should work fine. and check with the option. there must be no signal.