used ispirit, now i want to go back

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by tjespo22, May 7, 2010.

1. tjespo22 macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

is the only way to get rid of the jailbreak to restore?

2. terraphantm macrumors 68040

that's the only way. any particular reason you want to go back? There really isn't a negative to it. Things only get messed when there's too many system modifications made by various apps.

3. tjespo22 thread starter macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

my battery is draining faster for sure and my phone randomly just crashed and shut off which it never does

4. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

What have you installed? Most of us, once we become familiar with the programs that rank high in the benefits/stability quadrant are very happy and can't imagine a non-jailbroken phone. My phone hasn't "shut down" in a few weeks, and that was my fault.

That being said, it's a choice you have to make. And yes, it's very straightforward. Restore via itunes and you're back where you started. Be sure to backup before you start the process.

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

Lol

Am I the only one that got a chuckle when I saw ispitit? New from apple the Ispirit.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

7. mustnotsleep macrumors 6502

i cant fathom going back to pre jailbreak voluntarily. sounds stupid.

8. eyespii macrumors 6502

count me in as one who loves their newly JB'd iphone 3gs. very solid and just as reliable, with the same battery life. Woulda JB'd earlier, but it would have had to be untethered, which was a no-go for me.

I have mywi and noaccessorysplash (allows control of music through iphone interface when it's plugged in to my car stereo).

9. thespazz macrumors 6502a

I was seeing too much battery loss. Although ProSwitcher and Backgrounder were great, too much battery loss. OS 4 Beta 3 is great for me.