Used Logic Studio 8

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by arthursiew, Sep 23, 2008.

1. arthursiew macrumors 6502

arthursiew

I'm planning on buying an used logic studio 8 software, but I'm not sure whether it will work when i install it to my Mac. Can it be installed twice, or is it a one time only install? Does the person need to uninstall his software first, before I could install it or what? It's going on my MacBook.
    Thanks!

2. bytodaystandrds macrumors member

Logic Studio on your G3? Forget it.
    On the soon to come MB on your sig? Definitely.
    Once you own the license you can install it on one desktop and one laptop as far as they are not running at the same time.(That's what apple says)

Don't know about the license transfer. Logically the guy should de-register first (??)

3. arthursiew thread starter macrumors 6502

arthursiew

Edit

Sorry guys. I should explain a bit more. It's going to be on my upcoming MacBook.

4. dolphin842 macrumors 65816

dolphin842

Yes, the person selling the software should uninstall everything. Once that happens, you should be good to go. That's according to the letter of the license agreement. I don't believe there is any technical limitation that would prevent you from installing, though. The only limit I'm familiar with is that if you install Logic on more than one machine on the same network, you can only run it on one computer at a time.