used macbook prices

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rweakins, Jun 25, 2008.

1. rweakins macrumors 6502

rweakins

i am looking to sell my white macbook and move up to a mbp and i was wondering what suggestions would be on a price that seems right.

it's got:
    2GHz intel core 2 duo processor
    2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
    80 GB HDD
    Double layer super drive
    Adobe Creative Suite CS3- complete
    Aperture 2
    Roxio Toast 9

just wondering what other people thought they would sell a computer of this type for.

2. operator207 macrumors 6502

Search for your macbook on ebay, that will tell you what street prices are. Also search this forum and others for the "for sale" threads. Software is not necessarily going to fetch you a lot more money. You may be better off keeping it. There is the transfer of license, or the simple fact I have all the software your selling, and I do not need another copy, so that "feature" is worthless to me, and I will not spend anymore than I would spend on the hardware alone. But that is just me.

3. logana macrumors 65816

logana

Just select your country and choose your Mac

http://www.mac2sell.net/

will give you a very good estimate - and yes keep the software it won't really change the value of the MacBook

4. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

To further elaborate. The software has to include the install discs and licenses. Otherwise it adds zero value since it is as good as pirated. Why would someone pay more for something they have no right to that they would be on the same grounds with the software vendor as if they used bittorrent.

Otherwise as operator 207 says not everyone needs that software and its value boost is greatly weakened. I would sell the software separately.