Used MacBook, where I should look?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by davidlt, Jul 21, 2007.

1. davidlt macrumors member

I found one guy, who is selling used (2 months) MacBook, he is selling because he bought MacBook Pro.

MacBook 13" widescreen 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo/2GB/80GB/6xDVD-RW/Intel GMA950 64MB/BT/WiFi/Cam White

80GB bit small, but it's possible to change it later + External HDD should do the job.

Is this 4MB L2 CPU?

And what I should check playing with it? Where I could get system details where RAM, CPU and other information is written? (even memory speed[Mhz])

And does this model have SuperDrive?

Any other advices?

P.S. Price is 1106$.

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

if i remember correctly, only the 1.83 ghz macbook models had 2 mb of cache; all the other ones had 4 mb. if you click on the apple in the upper left, select "about this mac." from there, click on "more info" and it'll give you all the information you're looking for about the system.

3. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

4. davidlt thread starter macrumors member

AppleCare is warranty of something like that? Because in Lithuania where isn't such thing as AppleCare. You buy and you get 1 year warranty with it, that's all.

5. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

AppleCare extends your standard warranty to three years from the date of purchase. Any problems that arise from your computer, being they not be of accidental origin, you can send in your computer in to Apple to have the problem remedied.

http://www.apple.com/support/products/proplan.html

6. davidlt thread starter macrumors member

I am still thinking, can't decide. HDD and VGA stops me from buying it just now. Hm... What should I do...

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

What do you mean about VGA? All the MacBooks and MacBook Pros have DVI output; you can get an adapter to use them with VGA devices (in the US, it costs about $20). Since this is a 2.0GHz C2D Macbook, it's the current model. The detailed specs are here:

http://www.apple.com/macbook/specs.html

8. MacinDoc macrumors 68020

MacinDoc

Buyer Beware!

You mentioned Lithuania. Are you thinking of buying from someone in Lithuania? I wouldn't do that, unless you're planning to physically pick it up from the seller. There have been a lot of eBay and email scams involving computers listed in Lithuania.

Have you considered a refurb from the Apple Store?

9. davidlt thread starter macrumors member

I wanted to get refurbished one, but they all are already sold here and no one is going to ship more. I have access to company which ships Apple products to Lithuania.

VGA... I was meant video card (Damn I stuck, PC vs Mac, one side wants SR, 120GB and 8600M-GM [didn't play any game for 2-3 years almost, just programming]).

And yes, I would meet that person in my city. I agree that Lithuania isn't a nice play (this way I am leaving it soon, and 800 000 people did the same [>3.4 mil. people left]), but this is there I live...