Used MacBook, where I should look?

davidlt

macrumors member
Original poster
May 22, 2007
Lithuania
I found one guy, who is selling used (2 months) MacBook, he is selling because he bought MacBook Pro.

MacBook 13" widescreen 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo/2GB/80GB/6xDVD-RW/Intel GMA950 64MB/BT/WiFi/Cam White

80GB bit small, but it's possible to change it later + External HDD should do the job.

Is this 4MB L2 CPU?

And what I should check playing with it? Where I could get system details where RAM, CPU and other information is written? (even memory speed[Mhz])

And does this model have SuperDrive?

Any other advices?

P.S. Price is 1106$.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
if i remember correctly, only the 1.83 ghz macbook models had 2 mb of cache; all the other ones had 4 mb. if you click on the apple in the upper left, select "about this mac." from there, click on "more info" and it'll give you all the information you're looking for about the system.

davidlt

macrumors member
Original poster
May 22, 2007
Lithuania
AppleCare is warranty of something like that? Because in Lithuania where isn't such thing as AppleCare. You buy and you get 1 year warranty with it, that's all.

davidlt

macrumors member
Original poster
May 22, 2007
Lithuania
I am still thinking, can't decide. HDD and VGA stops me from buying it just now. Hm... What should I do...

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I am still thinking, can't decide. HDD and VGA stops me from buying it just now. Hm... What should I do...
What do you mean about VGA? All the MacBooks and MacBook Pros have DVI output; you can get an adapter to use them with VGA devices (in the US, it costs about $20). Since this is a 2.0GHz C2D Macbook, it's the current model. The detailed specs are here:

http://www.apple.com/macbook/specs.html

MacinDoc

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2004
The Great White North
Buyer Beware!

You mentioned Lithuania. Are you thinking of buying from someone in Lithuania? I wouldn't do that, unless you're planning to physically pick it up from the seller. There have been a lot of eBay and email scams involving computers listed in Lithuania.

Have you considered a refurb from the Apple Store?

davidlt

macrumors member
Original poster
May 22, 2007
Lithuania
I wanted to get refurbished one, but they all are already sold here and no one is going to ship more. I have access to company which ships Apple products to Lithuania.

VGA... I was meant video card (Damn I stuck, PC vs Mac, one side wants SR, 120GB and 8600M-GM [didn't play any game for 2-3 years almost, just programming]).

And yes, I would meet that person in my city. I agree that Lithuania isn't a nice play (this way I am leaving it soon, and 800 000 people did the same [>3.4 mil. people left]), but this is there I live...