Used Macbook??

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by bettaboy123, Sep 3, 2011.

1. bettaboy123 macrumors member

I am thinking about buying a used Macbook or Macbook Pro, and I'm wondering if the new style of trackpad without the two buttons is okay. I know they work woth Lion, but I'm wondering if all of the gestures and stuff work on them and whether these trackpads are much worse than the new style. For those wondering, these would be for something like the 2007 or 2008 Macbooks/Macbook Pros. I would love to save some money but I'm just wondering if it's really worth it with these. If not, then I might just look for newer (but more expensive :/) models.

2. ideal.dreams, Sep 3, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2011

ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

I'm pretty sure gestures don't work on the trackpads with the actual button below it.

Sent from my iPad.

3. session101 macrumors regular

not going to work but you could buy

the apple magic mouse or the apple magic pad and they will work with gestures

4. Young Spade macrumors 68020

It won't work. The hardware itself doesn't support more than two fingers.

What I found, when I had my black MacBook from 07, is that I just used keyboard commands.

It isn't as fluid as gestures, now that I have a new MacBook Pro that supports them, but back then, I really did like using the keyboard commands and I was just as fast as I am now.

5. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Definitely get a magic mouse to use if you want the older MacBooks. But Lion is still worth it on those!

6. ThomasBoss macrumors regular

This is my first mac, I came from a laptop that had a small, 'ehhh' trackpad...before getting it, I heard that the mac trackpad was the best you will ever use, but I didn't believe it could be *that* good...I was very wrong, no trackpad has ever been even close to beating the mac's, and I really do encourage you to get one if you can.
    If an Apple Store is near you (or a place where you can buy macs) go in and try it out, you'll love it.